1) Do not fall for the boy who shares your hometown zip code. He will search for you in his local, empty bar, and you will search for him on the crowded corner of Union Square, but you will live forever apart.
2) This loneliness is temporary, but that does not make it less real.
3) Sometimes, people will make you feel small. Remember that is only a feeling. Do not let it become your reality.
4) The boy with the green eyes will smile at you, that does not mean he loves you.
5) The girl with the sweet accent will glance at you, that look that tells you to follow her. Don’t.
6) You will have moments, overwhelming moments, when you feel you made the wrong decision. Maybe you did, but don’t think about it. You can only go forward.
7) Do not find yourself in others, but look to them for peace of mind while you look within yourself.
8) The envy you feel when others seem more beautiful is only a projection of your insecurities. Do not feel that way, it is the only thing that can make you ugly.
9) No matter what any trend tells you, black and brown will never match.
10) Stop letting cigarettes rest on your lips, you are already full of fire, do not let your lungs turn to ash.
1) No one has any idea what is going on. There is no “end goal.” Everyone is struggling down one path or another, hoping there is a light at the end of a tunnel.
2) That includes parents. They are just as hopeless as children. Do remember to forgive them when possible. Like everyone, they have ribcages that swell with fears and anxieties and hope.
3) People are temporary, especially now. When someone is permanent, you’ll know. Don’t waste time or energy hanging on to people who do not belong in your universe.
4) That’s not to say relationships are effortless. Any relationship requires a great amount of effort. By that I mean - listen. Listening is the best thing you will ever do for someone.
5) When you feel it is time to speak, think carefully. Do not spend your precious, wonderful breath on words that do not mean exactly what you want to say.
6) If you get used to sleeping in bed with someone, you will feel their touch the first night you sleep alone. That feeling will go away, and then their smell fades from your pillowcase, and then their face becomes a fuzzy memory. The way your heart flutters when you visit a memory? That takes longer.
7) It is not your place to change someone. If you want to try, know it might change you.
8) If he can fuck you well and make you laugh, he is good for the summer. But if he can’t talk about your favorite book, and if his eyes glaze over when you talk about your day, make sure you lose his number when the calendar switches to September.
9) There will absolutely be times when getting out of bed is so staggeringly difficult, it seems as though the world will collapse around you when your feet hit the ground. It is okay if that fear is insurmountable for today. Try again tomorrow.
10) If you still cannot get out of bed after a week (or can get out of bed, but cannot live), talk to someone. Often times, wallowing will fix chasms in your heart and soul. Often times, it won’t. It’s okay to ask for help.
11) His arms around you will not save you from yourself. Remember you were born to build magnificent things, and you cannot do it with your hands pinned to your sides.things i learned the summer before i turned 20 - n.m. (via thegirlwithfernweh)
The brain cannot create faces. It is a beautiful thing. Every time you glance up from your coffee and catch a passerby’s eye, every time you ask a stranger for directions - you are registering their dimples and cheek bones and the arch of their eyebrows. They become a part of your dreams. Think about it - that means you become a part of their dreams. Somewhere, you have been the girl who seduced someone’s husband. Somewhere, you have been the boy who held someone’s hand. Somewhere, you have been the person who saved someone’s life. You have been millions of different people - you have been recreated time and time again. Breathe. Take comfort in knowing you are not permanent. It is a beautiful thing.comforting thoughts - nm (via thegirlwithfernweh)
Sext: I saw you for the first time in 3 years yesterday and all of a sudden I was 15 again and it was January and I still thought that love smelled like stale Christmas trees and tasted like snow. And we became adults together and fell apart like adults do because they don’t know anything more than children.
Sext: I saw you for the first time in 3 years yesterday, but you did not even act like you recognized me and suddenly I am 18 and it is June and love smells like melting asphalt and tastes like blood.
"The First One" by Claire Luisa (via h-o-r-n-g-r-y)
FUCK FUCK FUC K(via lonely-hearts-clique)